Popular diets may increase risk of heart disease, American Heart Association says
- The American Heart Association warns that some popular diets, like the Keto diet, could have a negative impact on heart health due to their high saturated fat content.
- Diets such as Paleo, which promote high intake of red meat and processed foods, also raised concerns for heart health in the report.
- Low-carb diets like Keto and Atkins may offer short-term benefits, but they ultimately increase the risk of heart disease, according to the experts involved in the study.
- These diets tend to be overly restrictive, making them difficult to maintain long-term and causing people to miss out on vital nutrients found in whole grains, fruits, and vegetables.
- The study emphasizes the need for a balanced, sustainable diet that includes a variety of foods like fruits, vegetables, and lean meats to both manage weight and promote heart health.
Start typing to see posts you are looking for.