Physician Associates Improving Health Outcomes
- A Harris poll revealed 68% of Americans are concerned that the healthcare worker shortage will impact their personal health. Wait times for appointments have extended to about four weeks, leaving patients anxious and frustrated.
- The same poll also indicated significant health disparities and revealed that 75% of patients believe their healthcare needs aren’t being met. About 40% have skipped or delayed care, while 60% only seek care when already sick.
- Physician Associates (PAs) are emerging as a solution to these issues. They can help bridge the gap in healthcare accessibility and quality, especially as they’re one of the fastest-growing professions in the healthcare sector.
- Over 90% of patients see PAs as a solution to increasing access to healthcare and alleviating the worker shortage. However, PAs face regulatory obstacles that vary from state to state, hindering their potential impact.
- To learn more and contribute to the solution, the public is encouraged to visit APA.org/patient-experience. Here’s hoping this turns the tide, eh?