Top 13 Foods that Cause Inflammation | Anti Inflammatory Foods to Replace
- The video emphasizes that while some inflammation is natural and protective, chronic inflammation is harmful and is often linked to various diseases like heart issues, diabetes, and cancer. Diet is the most easily reversible cause of inflammation.
- Corn, particularly genetically engineered corn that is prone to pesticide residue, is listed as one of the top foods that cause inflammation. Glyphosate, a common pesticide used on genetically engineered crops, can harm gut bacteria and cause inflammatory conditions like Celiac’s disease. Recommended substitute: organic corn or small vegetables like peas and beans.
- Common cooking oils have high omega-6 and low omega-3 fatty acids, which can lead to the production of pro-inflammatory chemicals. Substitutes include macadamia oil, extra virgin olive oil, or avocado oil, with coconut oil as a generally safe option for cooking.
- Refined and artificial sweeteners, including sugar and corn syrup, feed bad bacteria and directly cause inflammation. Instead, one should opt for natural sweeteners like maple syrup, agave, and honey, or fruits like fresh berries.
- The video ends by encouraging viewers to identify any food to which they may be sensitive, as this could be causing hidden inflammation. A suggested strategy is to avoid suspected foods for two weeks and then reintroduce them to see if symptoms change.
Boy, it’s like walking through a dietary minefield out there, huh? Better to be safe and make some swaps to keep that inflammation at bay.