Creating a heart healthy lifestyle
- Many Americans find healthy eating expensive and time-consuming, according to a Cleveland Clinic survey. Nearly half think healthy food is too pricey, and 23% find meal prep hard.
- An unhealthy diet can lead to serious cardiovascular issues like high blood pressure, obesity, and type 2 diabetes. But switch up your eating habits, and you’ll be doing your heart a big favor.
- Splurging at the grocery store on good-for-you stuff may seem like a hit to the wallet, but consider it an investment. Down the line, you might save big on medical bills.
- When it comes to diets that are actually heart-healthy, Mediterranean is king. Forget the low-carb and low-fat fads; think fruits, veggies, olive oil, and lean protein like fish.
- Don’t underestimate the power of a little hustle and bustle—exercise, that is. A 30-minute moderate workout each day coupled with a thoughtful diet can be a game-changer for your ticker.
Start typing to see posts you are looking for.