Anti-inflammatory drinks (healthy + refreshing!)
- The YouTube video focuses on creating refreshing summer drinks with potent anti-inflammatory ingredients, inspired by a previous video on anti-inflammatory foods. The aim is to blend both flavor and health benefits, perfect for the warm weather in the Netherlands where the video is filmed.
- One standout recipe is a blackberry and ginger iced tea. Green tea is steeped in hot water and mixed with a puree of blackberries, frozen pineapple, lime juice, ginger, and a hint of maple syrup. Green tea and blackberries are packed with antioxidants, while pineapple contains bromelain, an enzyme with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Another hit is a watermelon rosemary slushie, a blend of frozen watermelon, bananas, orange juice, coconut water, lime juice, and a dash of rosemary. The watermelon is rich in lycopene, and rosemary contains caffeic acid, both of which are potent antioxidants.
- The video also includes a passion fruit and kombucha spritz, which mixes fresh grapefruit juice with kombucha and a burst of passion fruit pulp. Kombucha, a fermented tea, not only offers antioxidants but also probiotics for gut health.
- Lastly, a lassi-inspired drink features frozen mango, plant-based yogurt, a bit of ginger, lemon juice, ground turmeric, and a sprinkle of black pepper. Mangoes contain beta-carotene, while turmeric has curcumin, and black pepper enhances its absorption, making this a creamy and nourishing drink.
So, whether you’re lounging in the sun or just in the mood for a healthy pick-me-up, these recipes promise a sip of summer with a side of wellness. Cheers!